Time to Slam?

Thom53us

Jul 7, 2010
Manchester, New Jersey
I though my chlorinator wasn't working so I added Liquid Chlorine and found the water wasn't holding Chlorine. I added two Gallons in the 25,000 gal pool and had a a good 5+ on my comparator test the next day I had zero. I then broke out the Titration kit (Taylor) and now read.
Free CL .2
Total Cl .4
CC .2
PH 7.3
Hardness 240
Alk 110
CYA <20
The pool is clear I removed the solar cover so combined could gas off. I think I should super chlorinate or SLAM as you call it here any Idea's? or advice. Thanks

Sounds like a plan.

Add enough CYA powder to a sock to add 20 ppm in your pool. Hang sock in front of a return or place in the skimmer.

Assume your CYA is 40 ppm and use the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for SLAM level FC.

Test FC and dose with liquid chlorine as many times a day as you can. Every couple hours at first if possible.

Read SLAM Process

Okay update on my situation added stabilizer to 20ppm (need to get more I know). TuesdayI added 5 Gallons of sodium hypo brought level to 13 ppm and the chart I believe said to get it to 16 ppm so I added Calcium Chloride miss read the amount and ended with 36 PPM chlorine. ran the filter and on Wednesday I had 24PPM 0 CC so I burned off the combined. Thursday morning still have 15PPM with 0 CC. heading out to get more stabilizer. Thanks mknauss for the input. I like being able to have people like you here to ask questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.