Time to drain the pool...

Been 4 hours since I started the SLAM.

FC = 20 ppm? It took almost 100 drops to turn the water from pink to clear.
So do I need to add some liquid chlorine to get it back to 25?

pH has risen to 7.8 but I did read in pool school this might not be correct.

When testing FC use a 10ml water sample and one scoop of powder. Each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5 ppm FC.

Raise and maintain your FC to SLAM Level as shown in FC/CYA Levels

Continuing the SLAM. Overnight I lost a tiny bit of FC - my target is 24 and this morning I was at a 23.5. Pool is crystal clear. CC is 0. I’ve read the slam page and know when I can stop, my question is how do you transition from slam to regular maintenance? I assume you let the FC fall to non-slam range while assuring pH and TA are at correct levels?

Let FC drop to the target range for your CYA. Once you are below 10 ppm FC test the pH and TA and adjust pH as necessary. Start adding LC daily to maintain FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After a week I think the SLAM is almost done. Something unusual this morning - my FC actually rose slightly over night (17 ppm; target was 16).

Also, is it normal for the CYA to fluctuate during the slam. I've been seeing 30-45; I test three times a day right now.

The FC rising could've just been an unusual testing variance. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Same for the CYA. In fact, I wouldn't bother testing the CYA during the SLAM unless you were doing a lot of backwashes and exchanging water. Just stick with one CYA and run with it. Have a great weekend. Gorgeous weather lately. :swim:

Going on a week of the slam and now I’m getting frustrated. Had to add chlorine this morning so I’m losing some overnight still. Any recommendations or am I doing something wrong? I’m testing and adding chlorine 3 times a day.

Your Poolmath logs show you are not entering your test data. How much is the FC dropping overnight? What is the CC in the morning? Any signs of dead algae?

Your Poolmath logs show you are not entering your test data. How much is the FC dropping overnight? What is the CC in the morning? Any signs of dead algae?
I’m logging every time. CC is zero and has been consistently. My target for FC is 16 and been dropping to 13. Pool is spotless. Brushing 1-2 times a day. Running pump nonstop. I cleaned the filters Sunday.

Attachments

• 8CB6D71B-9353-43E9-864C-DE6EEFED4D98.png
    8CB6D71B-9353-43E9-864C-DE6EEFED4D98.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 9
I see you are showing what you add. Just not what your tests are resulting in.

A 3 ppm drop over night is extreme. I see others have talked about all the hiding spots for algae. I assume you are running your pump overnight.

The clarity looks good if not changed since the earlier posts.

On Monday you said you were done, why did you continue?

Bc I redid my test results after I realized you shouldn’t change the CYa number. I was testing cya every time and that number was fluctuating so I’ve theorized that I needed to continue while using just one cya number.

I’m going to give the baskets and pump basket and filter another good cleaning today. Also going to go to testing 4 times a day.

Good plan. Your FC drop over night really should be less.
Be sure to clean your testing vials also. Bleach or alcohol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.