Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Ive had my Lamotte digital tester for about 8 months now. It appeared to be working fine. But now things are getting way out of whack... Or so it seems.

Just had the pool guy come out to swap my motor out under warranty. While he was here I had him test the water. His unit said my CH was too low to measure. I took my unit out, which is identical to his (lamotte) and got a 279 reading.
While out this morning I took my a water sample to to Pinch A Penny and they show a 500 CH reading. Pinch a Penny also says my alkalinity is 110, but my unit and the pool guys was showing Alkalinity at 75.. The rest of me and the pool guys readings were on point.
If some of y'all followed my posts about a week ago my unit was showing Alkalinity around 120ish. But I eventually got it down to 75 according to my unit, but now Pinch is telling me im at 110??

I am so lost as to what I need to believe my levels truly are..

Guess its time to get one of the testers you folks always reccomend. The TFT test kit or the Taylor K2006.

Pros and Cons of both?
Actual difference of both?
What makes the TFT test kit or the Taylor K2006 more accurate than the Lamotte?
Price?
Availability?

BTW, Ill have my Lamotte for sale soon LOL LOL

See? These guys tried to tell you, you have to work with one system. If you try working with different testing systems, you'll go crazy. Now that you are crazy (ha!!), get the TF-100. Dont wait. Just do it.

They both use the exact same chemical reagents manufactured by Taylor.

The big difference is that the K-2006 is manufacturered by Taylor for the pool industry professional. The TF-100 manufactured by TF Testkits. TF Testkits buys the reagents from Taylor in bulk and builds the kits themselves. They stock it with more of the tests a residential pool owner needs and less of what they don't need.

Both are readily available, but there is the problem some have run into. The kits you find on Amazon may have been sitting in a warehouse for who knows how long. Your local pool store may have one on the shelf, but how long has it been sitting there. TF Testkits controls their manufacture and makes sure that kits going out the door have the freshest reagents possible.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I would do a comparison with Test Kits

The TF-100 has more of the regeants you need. The 2006 without the C option is undersized. Also you dont know old the kit is on Amazon and how it was stored. You will get fresh reagents with TFKits and if you spend over $100 your shipping will be free.

I would do a comparison with Test Kits

The TF-100 has more of the regeants you need. The 2006 without the C option is undersized. Also you dont know old the kit is on Amazon and how it was stored. You will get fresh reagents with TFKits and if you spend over $100 your shipping will be free.

Yea, I saw the undersize bottles. Ended up getting the TF 100 kit, speedstir and the Taylor salt test kit.. Its being shipped today

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.