Time for SLAM

yup, that’s a fail.
Follow the
SLAM Process article to a T.
I noticed in your log your cya is very low.
You want 30ppm cya when doing the slam process or you won’t just be fighting algae but also the sun. ☀️
Use the sock method for adding granular cya and assume that amount is there for following
FC/CYA Levels

@Mdragger88 Thank you for the response. Couple follow up questions.

1. I have Clorox Stabilizer that I will be using this evening to start raising CYA. Am I assuming correctly that this needs to be completed prior to running the SLAM process?
2. Our weather calls for rain over the next several days. Should I wait until that passes to run the SLAM process?

Last edited:
@Mdragger88 Thank you for the response. Couple follow up questions.

1. I have Clorox Stabilizer that I will be using this evening to start raising CYA. Am I assuming correctly that this needs to be completed prior to running the SLAM process?
Put it in the sock & hang it infront of a running return (away from the pool wall) & you can immediately start the slam - after you lower ph to 7.2 as listed in the article.
If you squish the sock it will dissolve pretty quickly once it gets mushy.
Your slam fc level target is 12ppm
Retest cya in 24 hours and adjust your slam level if necessary.

IMG_9771.jpeg
2. Our weather calls for rain over the next several days. Should I wait until that passes to run the SLAM process?
Nope - rain won’t hurt anything, just make sure you’re only going to check on the pool when its safe to do so (no lighting)