Time for a new pump?

krisiak11

Silver Supporter
Jul 31, 2017
Archbald, PA
Only start of fourth year for my pump, shouldn’t these typically last longer? Any suggestions on a fix before I call in a repair man? It’s a heyward, out of warranty. The pressure keeps popping between zero and 5, not moving very much water. Any suggestions on a do it yourself fix?

I am not sure that sounds like a pump problem.

What does the pump sound like?

What filter do you have?

Post pics of your equipment.

Reactions: duade
Icloud video works..pump rpm sounded steady like mine..is that what you hear?
I would agree the pump sounds steady, but you can here the gushes of water which appears to start right out of the pump, theory further supported based on the backwash and waste cycle which cuts out everything else. I would say pumpe does sound a little louder than it has been over the years.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you're getting air in the basket, check the obvious things first. How does the water look in the skimmer basket? Does it look like air is getting sucked into the port? Make sure water level is good, about half way between the top and bottom of the skimmer mouth. Clean and lube the pump lid o-ring. Shutdown power to the pump, remove the basket, and feel around the impeller for any debris/obstructions.

Check your weir door on your skimmers that it is not sticking.

Would too much water cause this? My levels are high, trying to run waste to reduce level, water level is close to top of skimmer mouth. Impeller was checked, clear. Baskets are clear. Intake is clear in the skimmer. I will double check the O ring. What do you usually use for O ring lube?

Would too much water cause this? My levels are high, trying to run waste to reduce level, water level is close to top of skimmer mouth. Impeller was checked, clear. Baskets are clear. Intake is clear in the skimmer. I will double check the O ring. What do you usually use for O ring lube?
I've had water above skimmer port from hard rains...pump worked fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.