Tile/Stone replacement

StephJGW

Aug 14, 2019
Roseville, CA
We’ve had this house and pool for just over three years. The previous owner did an owner build in 2014. The fountain and spillway material was glass stone, which was originally beautiful. However over time, the sun has caused the glass to crack, leaving build-up we can’t reach to clean (and broken glass on the pool floor ?). I had a tile cleaner come out to see if there was a professional cleaning remedy and he said it would simply be best to replace. The only other advice he gave was to stay away from “natural stone” because the salt would eventually destroy it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a new facade material?

Attachments

• FA96585D-A21E-4254-977E-508C58FA7A06.jpeg
    FA96585D-A21E-4254-977E-508C58FA7A06.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 12
OH what fun this will be!!! I will help you pic your new tiles! Have to ask so questions first:

-do you like 6x6 tiles? 1x2? 1x1?

-colors? Natural, blues, greens, ?????

What do the water line tiles look like?

Thanks for your reply! I’m attaching a pic of the water line tiles. So, something that compliments these. Open to all sorts of colors and suggestions, not only tile! We are most concerned with something that is durable, in addition to looking nice. The glass tiles were so beautiful but not at all functional.

Attachments

• D8E208DB-4AE0-4F20-A972-D4BAAFB2FEA3.jpeg
    D8E208DB-4AE0-4F20-A972-D4BAAFB2FEA3.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
Have you seen any stacked stone on pool walls? If not please do a search and see if you like it. There are many different colors out there!

If you don't like that do you like 6x6 or 1x2 or 1x1 tiles sizes the best?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.