tile repair

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
HI eweryone,

I'm about to refill my spa with fresh water and thought I would do some tile repair whilst it was empty.

I have a couple of small tile pieces that have come off, exposing the mortar (?) underneath. Any ideas of how to go about this?

thnks

Karen

Picture would help. Usually you need to remove and clean away all the old dried glue, clean up the exposed gunite, glue new tile on and then re-grout.

Tile doesn't usually pop off. Does it look like too little glue was used? Are these 6" tile or 1" tile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suck at tiling so take whatever I say with a grain of salt and hold out for better advice. That said, it's not so bad looking. The repair will just involve getting rid of all that tile glue on the gunite surface and the back of the missing tile piece. Once clean, just glue it back into place and regrout. The hard part will be getting the new grout to match the old grout. If you can't find an exact color match, I would get a bag of unsanded white and grey grout and try different blends until you get a good match.

Perhaps our construction experts can give some guidance on the proper types of glue and grout to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.