Tile Directly Over Diamond Brite Plaster?

MarkAurelius

Jan 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
This may be a dumb question, but I wanted to see if it’s possible to tile directly over a finished plaster.
I don’t love the color/look of my integrated spa and was considering doing something to the horizontal surfaces (seats/floor) to change it. Right now it’s a diamond brite French gray.

If you tile over the plaster you are going to have the tile raised the thickness of the tile surface and a sharp edge at the bottom of the tile. I doubt you will like the feel of that in a spa that you sit against.

Last edited:
If you tile over the plaster you are going to have the tile raised the thickness of the tile surface and a sharp edge at the bottom of the tile. I doubt you will like the feel of that ins spa that you sit against.
Thanks - understand that issue and would need to do something on the edge of the seat (floor would be fine). Just wanted to see if it was even possible or not recommended at all

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.