Tile and coping help

Mmello

Sep 23, 2020
Massachusetts
Ok so the tiles are falling off and the bluestone (straight) needs to be reset. We have owned the property 6 years. The pool was installed in 2005. Estimate is around 11k. I originally thought I would replace the coping with a bullnose version, but with the re-install being expensive not sure if I want to. Problem is, as much as I like the bluestone- it is so hot and the straight edge isn’t very family friendly. Anyway if anyone has any thoughts or opinions I would love to hear. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP :)

11k, ouch... how many quotes did you get and can you wait a year?

With all the Covid going on the pool industry has so many jobs and pool builds going on they are WAY OVERPicing things... a 40k pool last year is 60 to 80k this year... they can not keep up so they over price everything and the ones that can afford it get the work done... once they have caught up the prices "should" go down as the work load goes down..

Can you do 3 to 5 quotes on just replacing/fixing the tile and then in a couple years do the coping? it does not have to be "pool tile" people, they just have to use the correct grout for a pool...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.