Jul 25, 2020
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New Pool Owner here (more on the seemingly interminable 14-month project later) who was struggling to figure out how to get rid of the "Check pH Container" warnings and "Tank Level Empty" messages I was seeing on my Intellicenter2 Android app and on the Intellicenter2.com website. I filled the tank with diluted muriatic acid (3.5 gallons full), but the system doesn't seem to measure the fill level, it only knows how much it has dosed into the pool water over time so you have to manually reset the Tank Level when you fill it. To do this, you go to the Intellicenter touch panel (I couldn't find a way to do this from the mobile or website application), click on the "Chemistry" button, and then tap on the pH button which for me when I started was in an "orange" (Alert) state.

1653420399579.png

On the Intellichem pH Setting screen I used the "Tank Adjust" Up Arrow to click up to full (6 bars). Clicking "Back" to Home showed that indeed the Alerts were cleared and now I see in the Mobile and Web app a full tank of acid again.

Hope this tip saves someone else some time.

Great write up. Thanks! Not many IntelliChem users here, but someone will likely make good use of your post. Ha, it sounds like the way my water softener works. It knows exactly how much salt is remaining, as long as I tell it how much!

PS. I hope you realize, you've just set yourself up to become our resident IntelliChem expert!! ;)

PPS. Oh, yah, welcome to TFP! Where we'll solve your pool problems, or put you to work solving others'. Or BOTH!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.