Tigershark stops after a few seconds

anthonyv

Apr 14, 2020
staten island
I threw my Tigershark in this morning to clean up the pool after I changed the rubbery brushes because it was sliding down the walls, I could see the impeller kick in from the water movement. Then it stops. Normally, it would start moving almost right away. Today, it just sat there. I pulled it out, removed the filters, I threw it back in the pool, but it did same thing, ran for 3 sec, then stopped. No clogs, or debris. It did the same thing every time i re-powered. The cleaner is only 2 seasons old with minimal use. I only use it once a week as I have very little debris. Any suggestions to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

My aquavac500 was doing the same thing. Turns out it was a motor issue. Luckily it was under warranty and just had a major overhaul which was covered.

I threw my Tigershark in this morning to clean up the pool after I changed the rubbery brushes because it was sliding down the walls, I could see the impeller kick in from the water movement. Then it stops. Normally, it would start moving almost right away. Today, it just sat there. I pulled it out, removed the filters, I threw it back in the pool, but it did same thing, ran for 3 sec, then stopped. No clogs, or debris. It did the same thing every time i re-powered. The cleaner is only 2 seasons old with minimal use. I only use it once a week as I have very little debris. Any suggestions to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your outlet is OK. I had a GFI outlet that caused some odd behavior like this when it would get wet from the rain. Resetting the outlet typically fixed the problem until I replaced it.

Reactions: nuguy93
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.