CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello all, I just want to say thanks again for the fast replies when I had the disappearing cya debacle. I have a crystal clear pool now, getting ready to turn the heater on so kids can enjoy this weekend in New England! I have a quick readout to share, and want to know if I should leave it or address it.

FC 5
CC 0.5 (so barely pink after 5 drops, but I’m counting it as positive)
CYA 45-50
TA 110 (I originally added bicarbonate to get pH to 7.2 when my cya disappeared, and I was trying to maintain SLAM levels)
PH 7.2

I see my pH still on the lower side, but my TA is up at 110. I’m using my new tf100 Chems that came in last week. Should I wait a few days and see if things equalize? We did just get a few days of rain, finally have the pump off the 24/7 schedule, running about 8 hours a day now.

You get those kids in the water and you'll see your pH rise without problem. Splashing and making all those little water drops will do it.
If it gets too high *then* you can lower it with muriatic acid which in turn will work to also lower your TA. Win-Win.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Congrats on the crystal clear pool! Yeah, don't chase the pH - you'll drive yourself crazy. You'll add chemicals to raise it but then it raises through people in the pool and aeration, then you add chemicals to lower it but it gets too low, etc, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.