three questions about my Dolphin explorer by Doheney

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
1. how many times a week is normal to run it. Is it just when it looks dirty or is it best to be on schedule. i only run it every few weeks right now but when I do I usually run it two times in a row.

2. Does it matter where I drop it in. I know some robots have a learning method, is it best to put it in the same place every time or mix it up.

3. Can I use it in my built in hot tub. I have a built in hot tub that is pretty big. It is a 10' by 8' rectangle with just one bench all the way around. The other day I put my dolphin in there and just let it run for a while and it seemed to clean it pretty well. I that any kind of problem?

I run mine as needed. I also pull it out after each run, clean it and store it in the pool house on its side. I like to swim laps in my pool and do not want the cleaner in the pool 24/7. Sometimes I also run it twice if the debris load is high.
No difference where you drop it in just be sure to have enough cord unrolled so it can reach the entire length of your pool. There is no "learning method".
Your spa is large so should not be an issue but no need to let it run in there for 2 hours. Keep an eye on it you will know if this is a problem for the unit.

Thanks Oly. I did use it the other day and took it out after about 20 minutes and it seemed to do a great job.

Why do you store it on the side? is that so all the water will drain out. I store mine out of the pool under some towels under my covered back porch.

Thanks Oly. I did use it the other day and took it out after about 20 minutes and it seemed to do a great job.

Why do you store it on the side? is that so all the water will drain out. I store mine out of the pool under some towels under my covered back porch.
You store it on its side to take pressure off the brush and tracks so they don't degrade as fast and/or the brush doesn't flatten out from the weight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.