Threads on pool filter union

Tiffhart

Feb 6, 2023
Nebfaska
Hello!
New pool owners here, who are attempting the tasks of replacing a worn out sand filter and pump. We purchased a Harris 24” sand filter with multiport unit and have adjusted the pvc plumbing to fit; however the old unions seem to have a course threading and the new unit’s connections are all fine thread. We don’t mind replacing the unions, but I can’t even find anything with fine threads. Any advice on where I can find these? I checked with the Harris seller and he just said to look on eBay… I can find the unions, but not fine thread ones.

Thank you!!

Here are the unions I've seen recommended on several other post here from time to time. I used them for my pump. Could be the thread you looking at.
At Amazon.

2 PACK -CMP Hi-Temp Union 2" inch 2MIP x 2" inch PVC Whisperflo & Intelliflo - 2 PACK​

I believe the problem you are encountering now is that Harris filters fall in-line with Doherty, Intex, Bestway, etc, and that their fittings are slightly different (proprietary). Many times it's a dimensions issue (i.e. 1.5" versus 1.25), but in this case seems to be thread type. This can result in making connections a bit tricky. I'm guessing the current union nut was made to fit an old filter which was perhaps a Hayward, Pentair, or something like that with the larger (standard) threads?

Please post the model numbers of the equipment you have.

In your Intro thread, you said the pool is 2 years old. Why are you changing out a filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.