Threads older than 60 days - truncated?

Rich D

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
MA
Just back after the northeast winter break :) . A lot has changed on the web site and it looks great. Picture posting is much nicer now, Thank you for that.. It appears now when I search for older threads I will only get the first few responses. I did read the details on why this was done However I would have to disagree with this. One of the first things I do when I come to forums like these is to search for my issue. I find the wealth of knowledge in those old posts to be some of the best information possible. The problem with deleting this older information is if some of the original posters are no longer active we will never have access to there knowledge of the issue.

Is there any way to get the entire threads on these older posts?

Thanks for all the great work.... Rich..

Rich,

I'm not sure I understand the problem at all???

I just did a search and come up with a thread from 2007 and everything is there.

Give us an example of the problem you are having..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ummm, OK Thanks Jim. I must have been looking at a few threads that only had 2 responses. I then read the following info and "Assumed" :confused: that meant that the replies were being deleted... Just getting used to the new format I guess ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sorry for the bother... all is working as expected .. (y)Screenshot_20190406-101556.png

Ahhhhh..........

So let me explain here. We strive to give personalized answers to all our users. We commonly see new users ask questions on old threads and it becomes difficult for responders to sort who’s who when giving answers. As a practice we’ll either delete or move posts when they’re posted on old threads. It’s only because we want to give you personal attention not because we want to remove info. ?

As a practice we’ll either delete or move posts when they’re posted on old threads.

Thanks for the explanation Kim. Could you perhaps change the help text to reflect that. The way I read it was that older Post were being deleted, not that any additions to older post could be moved or deleted.
Really like the changes and the new look..

Thanks, Rich..

Reactions: gonfishin and Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.