Thread size of Pentair IntellifloXF VS pool pump plug?

Earthman Bob

Bronze Supporter
Mar 25, 2019
Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I'm going to give winterizing the pool a shot this year. I'm planning on hooking up a compressor to the drain plug outlet on my pool filter. I've been searching around for the size of that plug outlet, but have yet to find it. Anybody have a clue?

It's a Pentair IntellifloXF VS. I would take the plug to the store, but my pool equipment is below the grade of my pool.

Thanks for any help!

I'm going to give winterizing the pool a shot this year. I'm planning on hooking up a compressor to the drain plug outlet on my pool filter.

Connecting to drain plug of filter or pump?

It's a Pentair IntellifloXF VS. I would take the plug to the store, but my pool equipment is below the grade of my pool.

I did not think you can push the volume of air you need through the drain plug. But this guy seems to be doing it...

Have you read the winterizing threads? Many folks use a modified pump basket cover to connect their air blower to the pump.

Last edited:
Connecting to drain plug of filter or pump?

I did not think you can push the volume of air you need through the drain plug. But this guy seems to be doing it...

Have you read the winterizing threads? Many folks use a modified pump basket cover to connect their air blower to the pump.

Oops. I meant through the pump. I had read that the drain plug would allow enough air in to clear the lines. However, after reading the link you sent, I've put together some hoses that work with my big shop vac. So I'm going to do it via the skimmer port as that seems easier.

Once I'm getting close to closing next week, I'll read more threads to get clarity about levels, algaecide, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.