This week's results - help please

ABC12

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Background been maintaining pool for just a few short weeks and been out of town a bit.

Had issues with elevated CYA and looking into options to help drain pool.

Today's results
FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 420
CYA (see below)

Temp 80
SWG 55%

CYA- Due to elevated CYA levels I had been doing the dilution test. Previously getting about 96. Today dilutional test was between 30-40 but it's a huge gap so I tried to repeat the test with regular amounts. Had 7ml of pool water and ran out of the R-0013 when sample got to about 13ml (never made it to 14). Doing it with this incorrect ratio I got between 80-90.

What's next step?
-Obviously ordering more reagents - good recs on ordering refills? This is my first time.

Ok, just head on over to TFTestkits.net and order the CYA reagent. It is fast shipping out of NC.

When you do the CYA test (outside!) and you think it looks like it is "45" it is actually 50. We don't play "in-betweeners" so read that up to 50 and dose your chlorine as such.

Maddie :flower:

Ok, just head on over to TFTestkits.net and order the CYA reagent. It is fast shipping out of NC.

When you do the CYA test (outside!) and you think it looks like it is "45" it is actually 50. We don't play "in-betweeners" so read that up to 50 and dose your chlorine as such.

Thanks. Otherwise everything is okay? Leave as is?

Looking at the CYA/FC chart tells me that 5ppm FC in a pool with 90ppm CYA is at the very lowest acceptable FC to avoid algae. You really need to get it up to 7-8 to allow for normal daily loss.

Is your SWG working properly? Otherwise everything looks fine. Just increase your SWG % a bit or increase your pump run time. You decide which.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.