This is crazy!!

Yep, if that's a good pH number, enter your data in pool math for a dose. Make sure all data is correct, volume, TA, current pH etc.

Is yesterday's CH, TA,,CYA all good to go with today's FC, PH & salt readings? Had 2 inches of rain overnight so was surprised to see salt still as high, but it is a good number along with IntelliTouch reading of 3650. Should TA start to fall as FC and PH get back in line?
Thanks!

No need to wait on CYA. Is your CYA still 60? Target is 70-80. Would be good to bump it up a little.

Have you memorized this info yet? :) URL="http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator"]Water Balance for SWCGs[/URL]

No need to wait on CYA. Is your CYA still 60? Target is 70-80. Would be good to bump it up a little.

Have you memorized this info yet? :) URL="http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator"]Water Balance for SWCGs[/URL]

Ok. It was 50 when I tested it yesterday and yes I have the SWG water balance info printed out and taped up ;)
Still wondering..should I wait for FC & PH to get in range b4 I turn SWG back on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey pros, I had originally thought my pool was in good shape when I first signed up and ordered the TS100. Of course as this thread confirms, it was not as perfect as I thought so with all your input and a steady dose of patience and testing, I present these readings for your perusal and commentary:

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
CH 350
CYA 70
Salt 3200

Question: With these numbers, am I ready to begin Borax? I should have a bucket of boric acid coming in this week and am anxious to get started if the time is right.
Lemme know what y'all think.

Thanks!
B

Those are some fine looking numbers! Way to power through and get it done! :goodjob:

I say you are ready to add borax. I like my borax in my pool. And I just added borax to my hot tub last weekend and it was oh so niiiice! :)

Have you read the borax sticky? Here it is
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/90257-Borates-Why-and-How

Thanks pooldv, I'm looking forward to the process. How long for an accurate reading after application?
Yes, I've read and re read the borax sticky.
Thanks
B

Well, that used to be the first step in the older sticky, but now see no mention of it. Could be an oversight. Generally I thought you wanted to have the TA in place before you add the borates because it becomes more difficult to move after the borates are in the water.

Here are my current readings:

FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 350
CYA 90

Pool calculator says 37lbs of boric acid and was about to add when I noticed my CSI says -0.61 and mousing over says corrosion of plaster likely. What about these numbers throws this CSI into the mix and do I need some further adjustment to get the number down?
Thanks to all for your help.

B

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.