Third time a charm- 3 rd plaster job on new build

tjk65

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2020
Round Rock, Tx
Yes I have a nightmare. Plaster sub did two terrible quartz jobs so now trying pebble. I guarantee they will throw the hose in and I won’t hear or see anyone again. Today was surprise plaster after weekly contact for a year. Yes they did a full chip out begrudgingly. Hoping for best result and going to try the Bicarb startup myself. I do have my TF test kit. Tested my fill water and here are my results
TA -150
CH - 200
PH - 7.2
Chlorine - 0

I am going to use to 5 gal bucket method and try to keep up with every 1000 gal. I am assuming they are doing an acid wash tomorrow then will fill. Least that is what they did with quartz jobs.

I will test water in pool again and walk thru the results. If I am doing right, if I used above readings for a 15k gal pool I would add 10 lbs of baking soda. Is my PH ok at 7.2? If I remember right pool fills in about 30 hours. We have terrible water pressure.

Any other advice? And I guess there is no chance we will get to use for 4 th of July. These 100+ temps looking at a cement hole have not been fun.

Thanks in advance for help and advise.

Ok they did the acid wash and pressure wash and started fill. Seems better than previous quartz jobs they had done. And no not a new crew PB refused to change crew and has them do over and over. Do I need to be concerned with these areas around the lights? Is there only one screw that holds the lights in? I don't know why, but for every job they have done we have had this splotchiness in the same area every time. I think it is how they do the acid wash and let it all run down and don't brush or wet. At this point I ma over it and just want a pool. We started this build in 2020.

Attachments

• IMG_9214.JPG
    IMG_9214.JPG
    839.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9215.JPG
    IMG_9215.JPG
    838 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9216.JPG
    IMG_9216.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9217.JPG
    IMG_9217.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.