Thinking of replacing my pump

Apr 2, 2017
Lake Charles, La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have a 1hp Pentair Challenger pump for my 27,000 gallon pool. I’m starting to have some leaking issues and I rebuilt the impeller last year, so I’m thinking about replacing the pump with something more efficient to hopefully help on electrical bill.

I was considering a VS pump, but after doing some research figured it might be better to just stick with a single speed, or possibly a 2 speed pump.

The only feature I have on the pool is a waterfall that we run periodically.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking for the most economical pump considering initial cost versus cost to run over time.

Thanks,

Simply put, VS pumps save you money by allowing you to set the speed you need for what you need for cleaning and filtering. At my house, when someone wants waterfalls, I use the “quick clean” feature since my waterfall valve is manual.

They cost more, but they save you money each month.

I would suspect in your case, a two speed pump would work really well. Low speed all the time with high speed for the waterfall. As you use a robot, you do not have to worry about a pool cleaner, etc.

I would suggest looking at Inyopools and then calling them to see what they might suggest. They have an in-house line of pumps that carry an 18 month warranty with DIY install.

I would suspect in your case, a two speed pump would work really well. Low speed all the time with high speed for the waterfall. As you use a robot, you do not have to worry about a pool cleaner, etc.

I would suggest looking at Inyopools and then calling them to see what they might suggest. They have an in-house line of pumps that carry an 18 month warranty with DIY install.
Thanks for the advice. I will do some research.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.