Thinking about the Dolphin Explorer E30...good purchase or is there a better alternative?

achenx75

Jun 4, 2022
Central New Jersey
First time pool owner here. The previous owners left a very old robot that does a terrible job so I'm going to rock myself and cry in a corner and buy a cleaner. I'm aiming to be under $1000 and at first I was looking at the Nautilus CC plus, and then a Triton and after doing more research, found out that the Explorer E30 is the newest model in that lineup?

Honestly, I can' tell a lot of these apart but seems like the E30 is the best bang for my buck perhaps for a 16x36 pool. Good idea or is there a better model of pool cleaner out there?

I believe Aquabot has a newer line of robots out that are cheaper than Dolphins and there’s also Aiper which just release a cordless battery driven robot. You might check those out.

@tcat has Aquabot

I just ordered this, due to arrive tomorrow. Don't think it's a "new" line, since I've had one like it for 8 years that's still going strong with no repairs. Bought this because it's the lowest cost with cable swivel, and I'll have spare parts (identical baskets and control). Basically an Aquabot Rapids with swivel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-131323.png
    Screenshot_20220702-131323.png
    456.7 KB · Views: 38
I just ordered this, due to arrive tomorrow. Don't think it's a "new" line, since I've had one like it for 8 years that's still going strong with no repairs. Bought this because it's the lowest cost with cable swivel, and I'll have spare parts (identical baskets and control). Basically an Aquabot Rapids with swivel.
I was wondering how is your robot doing, I was checking Amazon and they do not sell that brand anymore.

I was wondering how is your robot doing, I was checking Amazon and they do not sell that brand anymore.
I wasn't happy with the filter material in that b200, so returned it. This is a close equivalent to my old one, but only does floors (which is ok with me):

In the meantime, I ordered this:

Which I really like. It only does floors, the X11 does floors and walls. The X10 (mine) charges in 3.5 hours and time for 3.5 hours. Has a great basket (comes with fine and ultra fine) and NO CORD! Has done 3 runs so far without issue. I did get a dud originally, but they exchanged it quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.