Thinking about overpaying for a pool in the ATL Georgia market

CORTEX404

Sep 18, 2021
Acworth GA
We're still in the planning phase. It's actually pretty hard to get a decent builder to even return phone calls right now. Thinking about hanging out on this forum for a year and learning more about pools before I pull the trigger. Maybe demand will drop off a little in the interim. Really happy I found this forum! Great resource!

Welcome to TFP :)

COVID has created a backyard explosion and they can barely get people to work so the prices are crazzzy right now...

We're still in the planning phase. It's actually pretty hard to get a decent builder to even return phone calls right now. Thinking about hanging out on this forum for a year and learning more about pools before I pull the trigger. Maybe demand will drop off a little in the interim. Really happy I found this forum! Great resource!
OTOH, while current demand will almost certainly decline, inflation may drive the prices even higher.

Thank you! Economics.....you just never know
I was a working adult and homeowner in the 1970's. Inflation kicked off by government spending in the 1960's, was bumped into high gear by the psychology of inflation (hurry and buy today, because it will cost more tomorrow.) From 1970 to 1980, the CPI increased 100% while the DJIA was up 3.5%. I really hope we don't see it again.

We just started our build in the Atlanta area about a month ago. I wish I had found TFP sooner. I've already found things I wish I had known before selecting a PB. They seem to be about 3-6 months before they can start building. Our PB is a little casual/cavalier with the build for my liking, but maybe that's not unique.

I'm just north of Milton in Canton and couldn't be happier with our pool builder. I had a landscape architect help design the pool and backyard and do 3d pictures which helped tremendously with the vision. It took us nearly 3 years to pull the trigger from the time we first started discussing it and went through two landscape architects. Our pb did two pools over the years for a guy I work with and he was happy so I was fortunate to find a builder that I actually like. Contract signed April 2021, dig date was May 17th and although it's taking a little longer than I would have liked I'm more concerned with quality and getting what we want so in that respect I'm very happy. Rain this week is holding up the travertine... it's been raining literally non stop all day.

I'm just north of Milton in Canton and couldn't be happier with our pool builder. I had a landscape architect help design the pool and backyard and do 3d pictures which helped tremendously with the vision. It took us nearly 3 years to pull the trigger from the time we first started discussing it and went through two landscape architects. Our pb did two pools over the years for a guy I work with and he was happy so I was fortunate to find a builder that I actually like. Contract signed April 2021, dig date was May 17th and although it's taking a little longer than I would have liked I'm more concerned with quality and getting what we want so in that respect I'm very happy. Rain this week is holding up the travertine... it's been raining literally non stop all day.
You are lucky your county and city permits went very fast compared to our contract to dig day of 4 months! That is a huge pool you are building! Best of luck!

Reactions: Jerz