There's a tree in our pool

StayinAfloat

Jun 13, 2020
Long Island, New York
Greetings TFPers! As the title and attached picture indicate, there's a tree in our pool. Unfortunately, still waiting for the power company to make the area safe before we can start cleanup. My biggest concern is the impending removal of the tree. Any advice on removing without causing further damage?

Attachments

• C04B7AC3-B301-4396-A657-71BA36176F74.jpeg
    C04B7AC3-B301-4396-A657-71BA36176F74.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 143
Don’t look now, but there’s a tree in your pool;)

Unfortunately, in looking at that picture, it would appear that your water level is pretty low. It seems to be just at the bottom of the skimmer. I assume that you’ve had a lot of rain recently (which is probably why that tree fell), so your water level should be high if anything. I fear that you may be looking for a leak once you manage to get the tree out.

If you can secure any of the branches that hang over the pool with rope so they do not drop in and cause more damage when you start cutting up the tree that will help. I see the water level is below the skimmer. Was the pool full before the tree fell in? Odds are the liner and possibly some coping is damaged under the tree, so you may be looking at replacing the liner. If you have a homeowner's policy you should be able to make a claim for repairs.

Reactions: StayinAfloat
Wow.....that's some tree! So sorry to see this, I get nervous with bad storms because we're surrounded by a mess of very old, tall trees.

Can you tell me more about your pool decking? I've never seen decking like that on an inground pool. Looks fancy!

Maddie

Reactions: StayinAfloat
Wow.....that's some tree! So sorry to see this, I get nervous with bad storms because we're surrounded by a mess of very old, tall trees.

Can you tell me more about your pool decking? I've never seen decking like that on an inground pool. Looks fancy!

Maddie
Believe it's some sort of legacy Trex product but haven't been able to find the exact product. Was all installed by the previous owners.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.