The Smiths Love to Swim

Leesha77

Jul 6, 2021
Utah
Hi all! 44 year old mama of an adorable 7 year old. He and I have been swimming together since he was 6 months old.. We live in Utah.

I don't have anything fancy, just a stand alone above ground pool (4800 gallons). We have had an above ground pool since I was pregnant 8 months ago.

I work full-time at the VA hospital and love to come home and jump in the pool with him. He is an amazing swimmer and we are going to Hawaii to snorkel in November!

Came here for advice on pool chemicals. I work full-time, we are relatively isolated because of the pandemic, and our pool means so much to us. I can't express how much joy it has brought through this rough time.

So, cheers to you that are maintaining your pools! I feel like a failure right now, but a good mama keeps on trying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210622-190504_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210622-190504_Photos.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Yes welcome aboard. Side tip on the trip to Hawaii. If you can bring your own snorkel and mask I would recommend it. You get raked if you rent. Bought two online for my kids 12 and 10 when we went, best advice on that I received. You then know it fits for your son.

As for the pool, great pic. For water ABC is a good read and then get yourself a kit because all the advice you will receive around water chemistry and assistance will be predicated upon having accurate test results. I'm a total newbie starting my pool build now and that advice was loud and clear and frankly great advice.

what do you mean?
We're all volunteers, so it may take a little time for someone to get back to you. But rest assured, we're real live people
She means that she has read so much here already that she can make her own Martybot jokes. Well played Leesha !!! Glad we can help you and Welcome !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Leebo
L,

Welcome aboard TFP and I'm happy our material is helpful to you. You'll find true experts and very experienced pool owners here to help you learn our pool maintenance methods plus anything else to do with pools and pool equipment, construction and everything in between. Our methods are super easy and result in a dirt cheap way to keep your pool perfect using mostly generic chemicals from big box stores instead of expensive pool store potions. Oh, and by the way we don't sell anything so you can trust our advice is never conflicted.

Good luck with the pool and the 7-year old! Pools are a great thing for both of you.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support