The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That was a lot colder than I had anticipated.

Ok, let's try vacuuming again.

About the stairs, it looks like the previous owners were just screwing them in at the top. I noticed that this method doesn't hold them down very well. Is this he correct way to do it?

The angle of the stairs seems off. I would expect the part that screws to the deck to be flat against the deck. Maybe you can adjust the side screws that attaches the stairs to the part with the handles.

Not the best fitting stairs for sure.

Sorry, probably should have noted that in that picture, it was before I actually screwed it down. It lifts even when screwed, but not even close to that much.

Vacuumed for about an hour. Didn't make a difference, but I'll do some more later. Starting to feel doubtful about the whole thing again since it seems to have stalled. Hopefully things look better tomorrow.

I would not use sand bags. You can fill bleach jugs with cement and bungee or zip tie them to the back side of the ladder or you can get lifting weights and connect them to the side of the ladder. It will take some trial and error to find what works best as you HAVE to be able to get them out to clean so.......they have to come off kind of easy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't. I have to add more water again.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind waiting if things get better. It's not getting better. I've waited long enough. Time to floc this sucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Forget it. I'm beat. I'll do all that tomorrow. For now I'll do yet another test and waste even more bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.