SB42178

Jul 23, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here me out...I am attempting to SLAM my pool, but I am testing once a day. I know, not per instructions, but I work shift work and am not going to test at 3:30 AM, when I am doing my best to just get to work on time.

What are my realistic chances of completing a successful SLAM? See below:

Pool: AGP 17,500 Gallon, Sand Filter
Chlorine: 10% Liquid
CYA: 45
SLAM Level: 18
PH: 7.5 (Before)

I test every day for last 7 days around 6 PM. I have been pretty consistent at 11-12 FC, 0.0 CC. I add 1 gallon daily, brush and backwash, if necessary.
Pool is blue, still cloudy. I am on day 5 of my slam.
I guess the question is, if I cannot make time to test 2x day, will I just be spinning my wheels adding a gallon/day for rest of the summer.

Thanks in advanced.

You do get a weekend right.. test every 2 hours from Friday night to Monday morning (or whenever your weekend starts and ends) That will get you a long way.. By the end of the weekend the algae should be dead if it not already.. Then it becomes getting the dead algae out of the water (cloudiness) ..

You have a sand filter, really easy to use and the worst for clearing a pool after a SLAM... Add DE to it this weekend to help clear the pool... after every backwash add more DE..

You can get there, it may take a little longer but that's ok :)

You do get a weekend right.. test every 2 hours from Friday night to Monday morning (or whenever your weekend starts and ends) That will get you a long way.. By the end of the weekend the algae should be dead if it not already.. Then it becomes getting the dead algae out of the water (cloudiness) ..

You have a sand filter, really easy to use and the worst for clearing a pool after a SLAM... Add DE to it this weekend to help clear the pool... after every backwash add more DE..

You can get there, it may take a little longer but that's ok :)

Thanks! I was able to pass the overnight loss test this morning. All that’s left is a slight hazy. I will see if I can find the DE and add this weekend.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.