The "Just Getting Started" Really Describes Me, Help Please

+1. The teeny tiny bit of FC being added at any given moment would be burned off almost as quickly as it was added. Think of is as constantly being topped off while the cell is on. You don't need much, just whatever burned off in the last 15 mins. *swg adds a few dribbles*

Now. Dumping a gallon of bleach in the pool gets you the 24 hour dose to cover FC loss in one shot. Go ahead Mr Sun, have at it. I'll be back tomorrow. You could, by the same token, better protect the liquid bleach with more CYA also, but then it would require maintaining more FC per the LC side of the FC/CYA chart. It burns off at a % of the CYA, so an 9 will lose FC at a faster rate than a 5. You would have to add 1.25 gallons instead of the gallon to cover that loss, (or whatevs) and it becomes counter productive for LC pools to have the higher CYA. But the SWG pool doesn't swing nearly as much so they can run lower FC while still remaining clear of minimum FC.

my logic(?) was by letting the CYA levels decrease, the FC would as well.
I see what you are saying. However, FC will fall naturally far faster than CYA will. You just need to take your foot off the (SWG) accelerator and then dial in the right runtime and percentage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.