The husband finally let me take over and I don't want to blow it!!

From what I read it fits the container of powder from the Taylor 2006 test kit. I don't think the container in the TF-100 is the same size.

You have come a long way baby! WOW!

I am not sure why I was not getting emails about this wonderful thread!

That pic of you and your Grand is awesome! SO cute!

Kim
thanks for the kind words!
Funny story, THs sister (pool owner from Cali)was here with her grandkids and TH told her I dumped $3000 worth of Clorox in the pool and made him take the trichlor tabs out "so enter at your own risk! Oh by the way you do know [TW] never gets in the pool right? " Evil TH. so when I got home from work she nervously asked me if Clorox was OK in the pool, and How Much?? did I put in? Evil TH. so of course I said "oh no with that much Clorox in it, the pool was not for swimming anymore! It's strictly decorative now!" Evil TW.
But then I laughed and reassured her everything is all safe and good so she let the kids jump in and they swam and frolicked happily ever after.

Perfect opportunity to preach TFP to your family and educate them that your pool is cleaner and more balanced than the water in 90% of the pools out there.

Ya know, if TH thinks he's so smart you might also tell your family that the brown stains all over the plaster are the fault of the previous pool care-taker....namely, TH!! If he's so concerned by your efforts to make your pool better, then why doesn't he post his questions and concerns here and we'll happily answer everyone of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Results from "Out Spot" AKA scrubby tool. First pic is before. Second is after one application, third is after 2nd application and brushing done 3 hours after 1st application. My observation is that the difference looks more pronounced in the pics. Is there an appreciable difference to the naked eye? Minimal if any. The product insert says its for new stains (I don't remember the ad specifying that) but there is a "underwater Acid Wash" product that they sell for older stains. (I'll give more product info in a later post.)
9b2gigkl.jpg
S4CqyBQl.jpg
BjzELEjl.jpg
I will post other before and afters (gotta make TH some din-din).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question - what acid mixture did you add to the "scrubby"? I'm assuming you did not use full strength acid.

Question - what acid mixture did you add to the "scrubby"? I'm assuming you did not use full strength acid.

I did the same areas again this morning. Somewhat, a little bit, kind of, if I look real hard better. But I think i'll concentrate on the same two spots over the next couple days and see. Right now there's not much difference between the before and after. TH has that look of great satisfaction on his face when he tells me ,"oh well honey, you had to try it To find out for yourself, just wish you didn't have to spend another $3000 like you did the Clorox." He's being sarcastic, but he doesn't know that I really DID have to find out for myself and I AM glad I purchased it. Ha ha, wait till he sees I'm thinking of getting the other gizmo too!

I did the same areas again this morning. Somewhat, a little bit, kind of, if I look real hard better. But I think i'll concentrate on the same two spots over the next couple days and see. Right now there's not much difference between the before and after. TH has that look of great satisfaction on his face when he tells me ,"oh well honey, you had to try it To find out for yourself, just wish you didn't have to spend another $3000 like you did the Clorox." He's being sarcastic, but he doesn't know that I really DID have to find out for myself and I AM glad I purchased it. Ha ha, wait till he sees I'm thinking of getting the other gizmo too!

Leaving aside the sarcastic TH for a moment, have you tried scrubbing the area with other types of acids? I know the vitamin C tablet test did not work, but perhaps trying to load the scrubber with vitamin C to see if a more concentrated burst with the scrubbing action helps? There are also calcium descaling products out there that are mixtures of organic acids that exert a chelating effect on the calcium. Perhaps one of those might work better. No idea myself, just trial and error at this point.

The apparatus does not have a "SCRUBBIE" attached to the dispensing end, but instead a heavy felt-like fabric through which the acid permeates and soaks onto the stain. The theory is that the muriatic acid is heavier than water so will sit and permeate the felt and lift the stain without scrubbing. In fact the instructions say not to scrub. Also says use muriatic acid only.
At this point I'm leaning towards looking into alternative acids (re vita C are you thinking a liquid form of ascorbic acid...does it come in a liquid form)?

JlAm3onl.jpg

sYsqF1Wl.jpg

First pic was taken 8/09, 5 applications ago. Second pic taken today.

- - - Updated - - -

The stains are definitely breaking up, but the applicator is only a few square inches (like 5X8) and these results are after 5 20 min applications. At that rate it would take me till eternity to get it done. I think I'll call the company and ask about the other device, supposed to cover a larger area, faster. I'll ask what kind of acid that device uses.

So it would appear that you have some serious calcium scale which, of course, can be blamed on the previous caretaker of the pool ;)

Have you called around to any plaster companies to see what a drain and acid wash would cost? Obviously it's a bummer to have to acid wash pool plaster that is so new (~ 5 years old, right?) but the time savings may be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.