West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
We recently moved into a house with a green pool. I immediately installed a SWG and started the SLAM process. In less than 2 weeks the water passed the OCLT and I dialed in the SWG % and got the pool into “cruise control“. I was headed out of town for work for a few days so my wife asked what she needed to do pool-wise, so I said just make sure the pump comes in and throw the Triton in Monday morning. Sunday night there was a large storm (lots of stuff from the yard washed into the pool) and she woke up to a “brown” pool. I got home last night and took a full set of readings this morning.
FC/CC 16/0
pH 7.4
TA 80
CH 120
CYA 65

I had her test on Monday and the pH was around 8 and I had her add 3 lbs of CalHypo 75% to increase the amount of FC till I could get home.
The water was balanced as per the Pool Math ranges, although I was working on lowering TA from the high side of the range due to quickly rising pH levels.

Unless there are better ideas, I’m starting the SLAM process again.

Attachments

• 8CA16644-70B0-4F4A-9336-2B177C0D25B1.png
    8CA16644-70B0-4F4A-9336-2B177C0D25B1.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 4
While your chemistry looks OK, could this be more of a filtration issue? Have you cleaned your filter and let it run. I know after strong storms down in Houston area, I have lots of debris and it just needs to filter out. So I clean my skimmer baskets every couple of hours (I sometimes put socks in them to catch very fine debris) and also clean my filter. It may take a day or 2 but if I keep my FC on the high side of the range (not at SLAM level) and run my pump continuously it will clear up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.