The Dig Is Too Deep!

Great pics and progress. I have the same PVC pier setup. After the pool was complete and backfilled, it was two weeks before the pad was poured. I ran a soaker hose around the pool, on and off for 1 1/2 weeks. Had to move many wheel barrows of dirt to fill around steps, spa, skimmers. The whole fill sunk about a foot. Just something I did (I'm a little OCD).

waste said:
I prefer vermiculite over sand and cement (we can talk about that), but either is fine.

However, if they do sand and cement, I strongly! recommend making them install a 'well point' in the deep end, under the gravel for you! Reason being, you know you've got clay soil and already have the gravel in place :wink: With a preinstalled well point, you can prevent floor floating issues and liner wrinkles via judicious use of a pump when you get torrential rains. They may try and tell you that a hydrostatic valve in the main drain will accomplish the same thing, but it won't!

Run this idea by them and let me know what they say.

They did install a well point before they poured the concrete ring. They also changed their minds again and decided to use Vermiculite for the bottom. We just had a down pour, so I think it was a wise decision.
They'll start early in the morning with the floor. Keep your fingers crossed!

waste said:
Sounds like you got one of the good builders :goodjob: :cool:

He has been building pools for 25 years and worked with most of the big companies around here. He said the reason he quit, was because they wanted to take short cuts. I've known this guy since we were kids....we grew up in the same neighborhood.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.