The CYA/chlorine chart link seems to have been lost?

Jun 22, 2022
Auburn, Indiana
My apologies if this has been explained somewhere but it seems that the CYA/chlorine chart has been... misplaced... on TFP. There is an old post that embeds the chart in a response but when one searches the site and visits the links that say they are leading to the chart, it lands on "free chlorine and CYA explained" page and on THAT page there is no link anywhere to the chart (which doesn't make sense that it's not there - there is a calculator but no chart). There is a link to the TFP youtube video there and the link in the text below that video ("to view the chart....") also goes to..... the "explained" page (which, again, has no link to the chart). Being that this is one of the most important information piece for people to have on hand, it seems it should be much easier to run down. Am I just a daft boomer who can't navigate the web forums or has something unintentionally gotten mixed up?

I ask because I want people to have the easiest path possible to finding the info when they come to this invaluable website and resource. Right now it's really perplexing though in this regard. I see some discussion from 2020 where some revisions were in the works but since that date, I recall being able to find it easily and now it seems that it's buried somewhere again.

The calculator replaced the chart. There are some modifications coming that will hopefully make the chart more present.

Issue was that page was not getting good Google click reviews. With the calculator, it has greatly improved.

That logic does make sense. When all the links referring to the chart don't show a chart, it could create some frustration though. Would it be difficult to add a link to the actual chart somewhere on that page in addition to the calculator? I've finally found it on the "further reading" page: CYA Chlorine Relationship - Further Reading but it took me 10 minutes to get there and I'm pretty familiar with the site. Glad to know you are aware though and something is in the works!

Reactions: Tie Twist
Right click / save these and then you don't even have to log in to find them. Just open your pics poolside.

swcg_chart.jpg

lc_chart.jpg

CYA-FC.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.