Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
@Leebo I was wondering if it would be possible to add a pump or cell run time into the maintenance section to go with the SWG cell % log? The cell % is handy to track but really needs the run time to track the FC production.

I’ve been doubling up, recording the SWG% and putting the complete SWG info in as a note, SWG 80%@4.5hrs. Just recently I turned on the flow rate function and record my runtime as simple figure, as 4.5.

That is an awesome addition! I had no idea how much chlorine was being added before without this info!

Just for informational purposes, the app keeps crashing when I play with numbers to see how it affects the chlorine output. If I change the swg % more than a couple of times, the app crashes.

iOS version: 12.1.4

898250BE-9155-4CB3-B0AB-A92E57CF3053.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you want to just see what a result is with your SWCG, % setting, and pump run time, use the Effects of Adding Chemicals.

I will let them know about the crash issue when in Chemical Additions.

Reactions: drewhiggs
Version 302(3317) was finally available for me to update to this afternoon. Version 301 was never available to me. Unfortunately in this new version I can no longer track the SWCG %. SWCG% has been removed from the maintenance/equipment readings (what to track) section, to the effects of adding section. I am unable to track or record SWCG% or pump run time in the effects of adding section. There are a lot of SWG’s in that list and clearly there has been a lot of work to organise all that but unfortunatly my SWG is not on the list and I record everything in metric. Maybe it would have been easier to provide a simple chlorine output in both metric and imperial.

A theoretical chlorine output is nice to know but all I really need to record is the % and run time to provide a historical record which can be applied as a starting point for new settings as the seasons change. I’ll stick with an entry in notes.

Yeah so the model selection is really just meant to be a simple way to prepopulate the lbs / day field. You can certainly enter whatever value you want (in your case 1.32) and just skip using the model chooser altogether...

I didn’t realise I could self input. :rolleyes: There’s obviously been a lot of work go into this new feature and a big thank you is in order for all those involved. I’m a bit embarrassed that I caused that, was just thinking that it might be useful to track the run time with the % but a theoretical FC output is above and beyond.

I’ve extrapolated a theoretical FC production of ~3.7ppm for 24 hours which sounds about right. :) But what am I missing, I’m always missing something, how do I use that. I currently adjust my SWG at pool side, after testing my FC. If I’m high, I lower it a little or if I’m low I turn it up or increase the run time a little and top up to my target with liquid chlorine.

You’re missing the future. ☺️

We understand so many users set their SWG and walk away once it gets setup. One thing we’d like to implement is a reoccurring schedule that will allow the user to automatically track their SWG settings thus allowing you to still track everything and see how much FC you used at the end of the year.

The kicker here however is we wish to assure users don’t set it and walk away from everything. It would become SO easy to increase your run time slightly and forget to update the App. We’ve just got to make sure we create a safety net, and then the rest can easily be created.

Don’t feel bad for missing the idea you can self update. We knew there was gonna be some models not included. As we move forward we need to make sure we can easily update the list..........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.