The Algae Saga....book 2

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Hi, all. Last year I battled algae off and on. My chems were good, FC never dropped. Posted my logs. No one had any advice or idea of why.

A couple months ago I got stupid and let me FC go. I slammed and I followed and reread the procedures so I am sure I did it right.
However, the algae is back. It’s on both my lights and today some of it was on my steps - not a lot but some.

I tried to post my results using the Tapatalk thing but it won’t find TPT. Anyway. What the heck? Anyway, I am having a party next weekend and I don’t want to deal with this....sigh....help anyone? Suggestions???

Attachments

• file may 18, 3 50 02 pm.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 7
Are you slamming again now? Sounds like you have some hidden algae somewhere. Any light niches that are hard to get to? Brushing at least once day? Maintaining slam level FC consistently until past over night test? I think slam is 20ppm for 50 cya.

Are you slamming again now? Sounds like you have some hidden algae somewhere. Any light niches that are hard to get to? Brushing at least once day? Maintaining slam level FC consistently until past over night test? I think slam is 20ppm for 50 cya.
No. I had slammed when I had it the last time and I passed. My FC has NOT gone below 6 and the water temp = highest was 80

Can you link to the thread from last year? I am curious what suggestions were given when you could not stay algae free.

Either way need to slam again if have algae.
I am not an expert, but if algae come back there are only a few things that would allow that.

Never gone in first place

FC dropped below recommended level

Cya reading wrong so FC level for slam wrong

Poor circulation
Is there anything you put in the pool that isn't there when swimming or doing overnight test?

Other than that I can't think of anything else.

Can you link to the thread from last year? I am curious what suggestions were given when you could not stay algae free.
I have no idea how to do that. But I passed the test, had no CCs and water is sparkling and clear and it remains clear. I use nothing but recommended stuff here, CYA, calclium hardness and bleach. that's it. no added chems not recommended from this board

OK -- if you click on your Member name and then on Messages, it lists all your posts. I was just interested if anyone suggested some items that is normally not needed for most pools, but, when we find a pool very susceptible to algae we can try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.