The absolute best granite sealer

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
Changed jobs recently from being a CFO in Healthcare to now being a CFO for a Granite company. We import our granite from Brazil and India.
For those who have BBQ islands with granite/marble/quarztite this is the absolute best sealer on the planet...if you can find it. Better than anything you'll find at your local store.
It isn't inexpensive and for good reason. Hope it helps.

PS I am only able to find it on this site. I am in no way shape or form condoning or have any relationship with the site linked to. Google is your friend. ;)

Bellinzoni Idea Gold

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboycasey
That stuff is AMAZING... I just did a countertop and will be getting some... Thanks :)

There are other ones like XC and dark.. Are they all the same or is the Gold the "Gold Standard"

The timing is perfect. Just redid the entire kitchen in quartzite. You mention that it is good for quartzite, just wanted to confirm that. I dont mind paying for a quality product as I spend a fortune on the kitchen.

Per the manufacturer "Marble, granite, terrazzo, marble-agglomerate quartz-agglomeration, stone, limestone, sand stone." as quartzite is a natural stone, it should work quite well. Must be allowed to dry completely...recommended time is 24 hours. You can always test an inconspicuous spot on the surface wait and see what happens.

I just sealed our outdoor island the other day and the stuff made water bead right up. Think of it as you would wax on a car without the film. It does smell so make sure the area is well ventilated.

A link of a vid of the stuff in action

BTW, this is actually from one of our suppliers located in Dallas, they're actually based in NC but have an office in Dallas, and explains the difference quite well between quartzite and quartz

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought the XC on ebay and the granite tools site has the gold :)

Ok so it arrived. I prepped two surfaces to try it on. One part of my outdoor kitchen that has a 3.5 year old slab of quartzite that nothing has been done to it since install. I also took a spare piece of travertine that I had lying around. Cleaned both surfaces very well and applied a thin coat.

First the quartzite. Contrary to what the article you posted, quartzite is not very porous at all. I applied a thin coat and it did not look like much got absorbed. As per the directions I wiped off the excess with a clean cloth. The piece does look a little bit wetter and some of the brown veins look more pronounced after application.

Travertine. Took a small square of travertine and applied a thin coat to half of the surface. It goes on looking wet and the travertine absorbs it really well. As per the directions I will probably apply a second coat in 2 hours.

A little goes a long way.

Pictures:

These are the before pictures cleaned but no application.

Attachments

• 2AE53346-400D-463F-BFB3-57B64F43C9A0.jpeg
    2AE53346-400D-463F-BFB3-57B64F43C9A0.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 50
  • CA8B90BB-01E6-430B-8DD7-CF608CAE479A.jpeg
    CA8B90BB-01E6-430B-8DD7-CF608CAE479A.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 50
Here are the two areas right after application.

The area right of the screwdriver is where it was applied, the travertine is obvious.

I will say it has been about a half hour and it has dried a little and the application is certainly less obvious.

Will post more pictures later, and of course after the 24 hour cure period, with the water test.

Attachments

• 9FC650CA-CF62-4E23-8F9D-3AAD5180BCE2.jpeg
    9FC650CA-CF62-4E23-8F9D-3AAD5180BCE2.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 6B2875B4-9884-4DBF-9936-7783766ED9EC.jpeg
    6B2875B4-9884-4DBF-9936-7783766ED9EC.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 58
Results as of this morning.

I applied a second coat to the travertine about 2 hours after the initial coat (as per the directions). At that point the wet look was almost gone. However, this morning it shows much darker with the second coat. So I guess if you prefer a more dry look I would stick to one coat.

The quartzite looks difference is almost invisible, just the brown veins seem to show more.

Will wait until this afternoon for a full 24 hour cure to do the water test.

Water test.

On the quartzite the water forms tighter and smaller beads than unsealed stone. Its noticeable but not very. Final review is inconclusive. I already paid for the stuff so I will apply it to the whole bbq area and do a long term test to see how it stands up to dirt. Will also determine longevity.

The marble or travertine is a whole different story. Compared to the unsealed section that just absorbs the water the water beads and it acts like a car wax does. For any porous stone this is probably a great sealer. For all you Texas folks out their with your flagstone coping that I read so many complaints about this is probably a great solution.

Attachments

• F9988C09-73F6-4228-8D3C-87A12F652C24.jpeg
    F9988C09-73F6-4228-8D3C-87A12F652C24.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 41
  • D7C310CD-9D34-4493-8252-54E12D621948.jpeg
    D7C310CD-9D34-4493-8252-54E12D621948.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 41
Water test.

On the quartzite the water forms tighter and smaller beads than unsealed stone. Its noticeable but not very. Final review is inconclusive. I already paid for the stuff so I will apply it to the whole bbq area and do a long term test to see how it stands up to dirt. Will also determine longevity.

The marble or travertine is a whole different story. Compared to the unsealed section that just absorbs the water the water beads and it acts like a car wax does. For any porous stone this is probably a great sealer. For all you Texas folks out their with your flagstone coping that I read so many complaints about this is probably a great solution.

That is almost the same exact result from using ceramic coating on cars, I bet it is the same stuff or really close to it.. So the smaller water drops are better and with a slight wind can blow them off the counter.. you should see my car, it will dry itself off if the rain stops before I get home and if it did not stop the same exact small drops are left and will evaporate easily from the surface... very nice results :)

I was thinking the exact same thing as I wrote the review. It behaves very similarly.

My only concern is that on a very non porous stone like quartzite will I have an issue with flaking in 6 months or a year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.