TFTestkits & Shippsy - billing address?

mjc123

Jul 20, 2018
Halifax, NS (Canada)
I've decided to (what feels like) go out on a limb and try ordering a test kit refill to Canada via Shippsy (following: Order from TFTestkits.net into Canada (Step-by-Step))

I'm at the stage now where in the tftestkits website I need to enter my billing and shipping address. The latter is obviously the Shippsy address, but for billing, I can't enter my Canadian address in there, and I'm not sure it makes sense to put in the shippsy address. Not sure how to proceed.

Anyone who has used Shippsy or similar mail forwarders have any advice?

I know people use Paypal, but can I just leave the billing address fields blank then? (EDIT: I can't)

Last edited:
I've decided to (what feels like) go out on a limb and try ordering a test kit refill to Canada via Shippsy (following: Order from TFTestkits.net into Canada (Step-by-Step))

I'm at the stage now where in the tftestkits website I need to enter my billing and shipping address. The latter is obviously the Shippsy address, but for billing, I can't enter my Canadian address in there, and I'm not sure it makes sense to put in the shippsy address. Not sure how to proceed.

I know people use Paypal, but can I just leave the billing address fields blank then? (EDIT: I can't)
Billing address will have to be your address or the credit card company will decline. There shouldn’t be an issue with billing to a different address, but I’ve not used that service.

Reactions: Mdragger88

You can use PayPal and use the Shippsy address for your billing on the TFtestkits checkout.

I’ll look into making this easier going forward.

Nate @ TFT

You can use PayPal and use the Shippsy address for your billing on the TFtestkits checkout.

I’ll look into making this easier going forward.

Nate @ TFT
Thanks for the response!

I'm assuming TFT = TFTestkits and that you're therefore the owner or somehow involved in it. Is there any reason you couldn't simply enable non-US addresses in the billing address fields (so that I could use my Canadian credit card for payment)? I understand that you can't sell Taylor products to Canada, but do they also restrict you from taking payments from Canadians as well? I only say this because it's a lot more convenient than PayPal and if it's not breaking rules with Taylor it seems it would be an easy adjustment to the form

@Bperry, you must have missed the part about me having a Canadian address on my CC and the site not allowing me to enter a non-US billing address.

@Bperry, you must have missed the part about me having a Canadian address on my CC and the site not allowing me to enter a non-US billing address.
No, I got that part. Im just surprised the website form doesn’t let you do that. I happen to have a website that takes CC payments and the “store” forms are controlled by the payment processor. In my case you can have Canadian billing address and a US shipping address. One of my pool tool customers wanted to do the same thing to avoid VAT and drive across the border to pick it up. It may (or may not) be an easy fix.

Reactions: newdude
I'd imagine it's a bank/processor thing to reduce fraud. Sending a package to one country when billing another would often be red flags IMO.

I'd imagine it's a bank/processor thing to reduce fraud. Sending a package to one country when billing another would often be red flags IMO.
That’s a reasonable point. I did get a warning about the guy that did that. There was an option in the setup that I could enable to not allow that.

@Bperry & @Newdude - not sure, but for what it's worth I don't have issues using my Canadian CC at other US vendors, mind you I usually have my billing and shipping address match. Certainly in the past there were some sites that did require the shipping address to be on file with the bank, so there were occasions where I had to ship locally in the US (to my aunt & uncle) I would have to actually go and update my CC address to match their address. Bit of a nuisance back when I had to call in to do that, but still never prevented me from using my card

Thanks for the response!

I'm assuming TFT = TFTestkits and that you're therefore the owner or somehow involved in it. Is there any reason you couldn't simply enable non-US addresses in the billing address fields (so that I could use my Canadian credit card for payment)? I understand that you can't sell Taylor products to Canada, but do they also restrict you from taking payments from Canadians as well? I only say this because it's a lot more convenient than PayPal and if it's not breaking rules with Taylor it seems it would be an easy adjustment to the form

I am involved in it, yes. I am relatively new to the company and Canadian shipping is certainly on the list of issues to address this offseason. I am not exactly sure if the reasoning behind the restrictions is still accurate or not.

Reactions: mjc123
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.