Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Some values in the Water Balance for SWGs Summary don't match the text. Which is correct?

Text says
--pH 7.2-7.8
--TA 60-80
--CH for fiberglass 350
--CYA 70-80

--------------------------------------

1616504149384.png

Edit: Really funny - the post time for this was originally listed as Tomorrow at 8:01 AM :ROFLMAO:

They are all correct.

If you go through this site you will find many small inconsistencies. They don’t matter to water chemistry.

Are you planning to run your water chemistry on an edge case?

Not really, just starting to rebalance after having the equip apart since the Texas freeze and resetting goal levels. Doubtful anything changed on the post since last year and didn't notice it then. :ROFLMAO:

As for inconsistancies, have always used the web PoolMath on my PC. Yesterday I fired up an old Android tablet and opened the same link. The differences are really significant in what to add. Actually, I found that quite disturbing.

Are you saying your target & your current #’s were the same on both versions as well as volume etc & they gave you different addition amounts?

As for inconsistancies, have always used the web PoolMath on my PC. Yesterday I fired up an old Android tablet and opened the same link. The differences are really significant in what to add. Actually, I found that quite disturbing.
There have been some upgrades over the past year. When using the web based PoolMath, be sure to occasionally reboot the page so you are not using an old one.

I still don’t know exactly what you are looking at but if you target the middle of the ranges then they all work out.

If you have an edge case then ask questions about your specific numbers.

There have been some upgrades over the past year. When using the web based PoolMath, be sure to occasionally reboot the page so you are not using an old one.
I did a refresh on the PC, but nothing changed. Creating a whole new tab did bring them in synch. Good to know that an update was the cause.
I still don’t know exactly what you are looking at but if you target the middle of the ranges then they all work out.

If you have an edge case then ask questions about your specific numbers.
Right now pool is low, roughly 20,000 instead of 24,000 gal because of leak, so using altered volume. Just got pool equip running again after TX freeze (except filter). First adjusted pH with MA. Returns currently above water line, so aeration.

Think PoolMath will guide enough on adds, but Goals ok?

Yesterday's readings and goals:
pH 7.4 (goal 7.2-7.4 until TA lowers, then 7.6)
FC 0 (goal 5)
CYA 30 (goal 70)
CH 325 (goal 325)
TA 170 (goal 80)
Salt 1010 (goal 3300-3600)
Water temp 58

Had been manually adding LC to keep FC up, but apparently slipped the last day or so. Water still clear.
Added 16 oz dichlor yesterday for FC and to increase CYA. Shouldn't affect pH much.
Added 80 lb salt (all I had on hand).

pH anywhere in the 7's is fine.

I agree on increasing your FC immediately and then your CYA and salt.

Your TA is the least important chemical and you can work on that after you have everything else in shape.

I’m gonna comment on some form examples as it appears there’s multiple questions here. I can’t respond to what’s going on with PoolMath without numbers and such to recreate.

As for the SWG article, in all honesty…..I personally hate that article. 😃 I’ll peak at it tonight and make sure numbers match. For now if I were to offer an honest opinion, use this link instead…..
Recommended Levels

If you can post numbers and such for PoolMath I’ll try to recreate that and figure things out for you. 👍

@Leebo, like the link. Looks like my goals are about right. Only problem with PoolMath was that PC and tablet were using different versions. All is good now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As for the SWG article, in all honesty…..I personally hate that article. 😃
Don't be shy, tell us what you really think!...

To me all those numbers suggest a range that are consistent with each other. All pools are different, so they will fall somewhere in that range, high or low. And each value is not independent.. they are all interconnected. So... somewhere in that range is your pool. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.