TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Just MMOB-ing taking my daughter from her after school activity to her after - after school activity and I was pulled back in. I just can't get away from this place.

20240514_160800.jpg

Ha Ha Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: newdude
Please still use Sirius??
I love it and have had it since the beginning. Back in the day I had the little radio thingie that I moved between vehicles, which was awesome bringing it to work. I drive a company vehicle for a living and have alot of drive time.

Now I pay for the car and can stream it anywhere else.

But not for what they charge. Holy goodness. IIRC they wanted $27.99 plus an $8 broadcast fee per month when it expired last. Everytime I refuse all their 6 months for 50% off promos and they give it to me for about $80 a year for the last chance deal. I'm pretty sure they can see I've done it 8 times in a row when I call to cancel. Lol.

But yeah. All the musician channels are packed with my 3 favorite things : live, acoustic and covers. Sometimes it's Bruce/Jimmy/Toby etc doing a live acoustic cover and I'm in my glory.

That poor Uconnect screen.

I've had SXM for years now - not because I actually want it but because every time I call to cancel it when the rate goes up, they eventually end up offering me a deal that's so low I don't even care anymore. I use Spotify and Apple Music 98% of the time, but there is that 2% of the time where I just want to hear something completely different, and that's where SXM comes in. Last annual renewal I think I got them down to about $55/year. Now, I just have a calendar event set to call once a year before the "promo" rate expires.

Way back in the day I bought a car that had an active SXM (actually just Sirius at that point) subscription. It worked for YEARS before someone finally figured out they were paying for it. Back then I used it a lot, almost exclusively. Now with streaming services, SXM kinda sucks, especially the audio quality.

Reactions: newdude
Last annual renewal I think I got them down to about $55/year.
That's where I was for years. Last time it went up something silly like $13, then with the nominal renewal fees and whatnot it was $89(?) out the door and still reasonable for the amount I use it.