TFP contributions deductible?

Hi
TFP contributions tax deductible? What about the "no goods or services" clause?

Did you get @Leebo to check your pool chemistry? He didn’t do it for me.

Subtract any value from the tax deduction for good and services you feel you obtained.

check pool chemistry? do not understand

That would have been a value for your contribution that you received that I did not. Just checking.

subtract any value? say I ask a question in the forum and get an answer; what is the $$ value of that?

It is up to you to assign a value. If the IRS at an audit wants to dispute the value you assigned they can.

The fact is this is too small an amount for anyone to care about.

This reminds me of The Simpsons joke where Ned Flanders doesn't deduct the cost of his printer ink at the store on his taxes because he enjoys the smell of it, thus making it a personal expense rather than a business expense.

You get no good or services from TFP for your donation, do you? TFTestkits offers a discount for those who donate but that is not a good provided by TFP. TFP offers no services, all questions on the forum are given by volunteers of the forum. So where do you feel a conflict may arise?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.