TF100 Test Kit

Logs not showing up yet. Try closing the app and then reopening it. You can see them if you click on your Member name.

Still not showing to the public.

Let your pH ride up to 8. If it goes above, only lower to 7.8. That will keep your CSI in a better spot. Right now you are very aggressive to damaging your plaster.

Still not showing to the public.

Let your pH ride up to 8. If it goes above, only lower to 7.8. That will keep your CSI in a better spot. Right now you are very aggressive to damaging your plaster.
Will do. - I did add hardness to the pool and will check in the morning and then Sunday and if stable numbers between Sat & Sun I will add more but do this slowly to ensure it does not jump up beyond what I should have - thanks

OK -- I would still like to see your Poolmath logs. Can you share them? Go in the App, touch the gear icon upper right, scroll down to Sharing.
I check the app this morning ad sharing is on and even shows a unique link for others to see it so not sure if a person needs the link or how someone is able to see but it appears to be set up if you can check. Same numbers still but will be checking in a bit and updating -

The Poolmath Logs are not being shared. Check your Pool Setup for Sharing. Be sure the Link from Troublefreepool,com user profile is on. Then touch the check mark in the upper right of that screen.

The Poolmath Logs are not being shared. Check your Pool Setup for Sharing. Be sure the Link from Troublefreepool,com user profile is on. Then touch the check mark in the upper right of that screen.
QUestion - do I need to pay for the app in order to share ? I see on my app it shows it is linked to TPF user profile and I can see it in my profile also "anyone with a unique link" and gives a https address along with a message below that does say "Thanks for sharing your pools data anonymously to help improve Pool Math ! " - Appreciate your help the past couple days for sure and trying to figure out how to set this up and my pool !

If you are not a Premium subscriber it is not worth sharing as you have no saved data.

No, you don't need the paid version of the app to share results here. But it will only show your latest test results - no historic data will show.

I can see your shared results.

Reactions: Billtkat

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Testing this morning I show my CYA @ 0 and my CH at 175 other results below .
My CYA has been somewhere between 20 - 30 when I test. I also know the Pool Store results are 24 ( hold the pool store comments ) - In case of human error here is what I did > I did the proper mixing and did this test 2X's , same result this morning- I mixed , I went ahead and filled to the 30 mark , then held it to my waist level , then added drops - I went to the top and I could still clearly see the dot - I call that zero . We did not get rain last night however I did change my filter cartridge yesterday , so that is brand new
On my CH I had been running very low and the pool calculator showed I needed 17pds and few oz to get to 250 - On Friday I added 8 pds and tested Sat morning and results was 150 , tested 2 X's - This morning I tested 2 X's and results was 175 - I did twice since it was a change from yesterday Questions;
1. Should I wait until my CH results stay the same a couple days before adding anything more ? I know i need to be careful
2. CYA - If my test process above was fine instead of adding stabilizer , can I add Tri tabs and just allow it to increase. This would keep chlorine in the pool while adding in stabilizer slowly. I remember seeing something like for every pd of Tri the CYA moves 6 PPM - It might take a bit but I have 3/4 bucket of Tri tabs and was planning on using Bleach this year so it was just going to sit -

FC-2
pH -7.5
TA -90
CH-175
CYA - 0

I would give the calcium you added 2 or 3 days to full mix before adding more.

I would suggest you get at least 30 ppm CYA into this water using dry stabilizer. Then, you can use trichlor pucks if you like. Though it would be better to save the trichlor for when you go on vacation or for winter use.
In your volume pool, each puck will add 5 ppm FC and 3 ppm CYA. Be sure to supplement with liquid chlorine to maintain your FC in target range based on FC/CYA Levels. Your FC is low this morning.

Reactions: Billtkat
I would give the calcium you added 2 or 3 days to full mix before adding more.

I would suggest you get at least 30 ppm CYA into this water using dry stabilizer. Then, you can use trichlor pucks if you like. Though it would be better to save the trichlor for when you go on vacation or for winter use.
In your volume pool, each puck will add 5 ppm FC and 3 ppm CYA. Be sure to supplement with liquid chlorine to maintain your FC in target range based on FC/CYA Levels. Your FC is low this morning.
Thanks - CH > I will hold a few days on the CH and retest . CYA > I was just looking for a way to use up my tri pucks since i have a bucket full and thinking I could float 4 and let it both chlorinate and raise the CYA at the same time so I did not need to buy stabilizer or use my bleach for a bit

Only issue on only using the trichlor to raise your CYA from 0 is that your FC will be burning off very quickly until you have added 10 pucks or so.
Start with 30 ppm of dry stabilizer. Then use the trichlor if you want to raise it to 40 or 50 ppm CYA which is want you want by early June.

Only issue on only using the trichlor to raise your CYA from 0 is that your FC will be burning off very quickly until you have added 10 pucks or so.
Start with 30 ppm of dry stabilizer. Then use the trichlor if you want to raise it to 40 or 50 ppm CYA which is want you want by early June.
Last question today (i hope) - What is the min I want for CYA if I only use bleach after that level is reached? I thought it was 30 so that would mean zero tabs once I achieve the 30 ppm , right ? From a guy that has had to drain water too many times I want to be very careful with this. That is why I am fine burning through tabs if needed to raise it slowly. From your statement the only issue with using tabs to get to the 30 is the fact they will burn off faster . I have plenty so not worried about that - Is there another reason not to just use pucks to go from zero to 30 ? I could even run 2 floats with 4 tabs each to get to 24 by the time they burn off however the FC would be really high - What is my downside other than chewing through tabs until the stabilizer reaches 30 ? thanks

The FC will burn off quickly while your CYA is low, like it is doing right now.

Use the tablets if you want. Watch your pH and FC. The tablets are very acidic.

Do realize that your CYA will decrease by 5-10 ppm per month here in the desert during the summer. So you will have use for that trichlor in the future. Up to you.

The FC will burn off quickly while your CYA is low, like it is doing right now.

Use the tablets if you want. Watch your pH and FC. The tablets are very acidic.

Do realize that your CYA will decrease by 5-10 ppm per month here in the desert during the summer. So you will have use for that trichlor in the future. Up to you.
Thanks. Appreciate all the advise on how this works -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.