quadracer316

May 22, 2014
Quad Cities, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I found my old but never used TF-100 test kit from around 8-9 years ago minus the K-1000. Are the chemicals still good and can I use it or should I buy a new one. I'm looking to utilize the info on this site to keep my wife and I out of the pool store and to get a better understanding at keeping a clear pool. If I need to buy a new test kit, which one does everyone recommend? Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!!!

Buy a new one. Reagents last for about 2 years if kept indoors.

You can read up here --> Test Kits Compared

I bought this one and the smart stir. SMART STIR WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! If you have an Salt Water pool, get the SALT version.

Is the PH meter worth adding it on as an extra? Does it work good?
That's a hard call. I can read the phenol red pH test just fine (shades of color).......others cannot and prefer the readout of some real numbers. I would have to say that a high percentage of folks are happy they got the digital tester but perhaps as many find the phenol red test to be just fine. I know that's not very helpful. Others will opine soon.

Reactions: quadracer316
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.