TF-100 Storage Box

Speaking of the test kits, my 'Chlorine Only' tube is pretty stained, does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean it? small scrub brush doesn't do anything, bleach it?

My wife calls my test kit my 'chemistry set' she probably wouldn't make fun of me if it wasn't on the dining room table all the time

Recently Duraleigh mentioned using a tiny bit of MA to clean the "Chlorine Only" tube of its staining. As Skippy was adding some MA to the pool last week I had him put barely a drop in the vial with some water. Worked like a charm!

Any ideas what the difference in materials is for the two kits?

My K-2006 tubes are as clean as the day I got the kit. The only tube in my Taylor kit that got a little cloudy is the CYA mixing tube but that I clean with a drop of bleach and a Q-tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking to replace their TF-100 box with one with a handle I just found this on sale-

Garden Accessory Storage Box | Buy from Gardener's Supply

Bought it! Here's a comparison of the relative sizes.

I needed a bigger case to store the speed stir, my extra vials and my BBQ sauce bottle.

The only real problem is that the K1000 kit doesn't fit well. I have it angled in the widest row and it works OK but if you have OCD you might want a better fit.

There are 4 rows that appear fixed. The first row has 3 non-adjustable compartments. The middle 2 rows are slightly narrower than the last row.

kits_zpsnwpanggd.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ive been using the same box my TF100 came in for years. I could probably use more room for my extra reagents n borate strips. I keep those in a ziplock bag under the sink.

Mine are too, but I always dry them before putting them away. The only blemish is s little ring around the bottom that was abraded by the SpeedStir magnet.

Mine too. I actually have an extra tube and magnetic stir bar for the SpeedStir. Just haven't needed to use it yet.

I also found that a small, Pyrex 50mL beaker works too. I use that for my borate testing. You buy a set of 50-, 125- & 250-mL beakers on Amazon for like $6. Each of those beakers would allow for precise TA testing if you ever wanted to chemically check your pool water volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.