TF-100 kit quick reference guide testing instructions

Any chance you’d be willing to sell me a laminated copy of yours? Mine got wet and smeared pretty quickly since I don’t have a laminator. The quick reference card has been SO USEFUL for newbies like me to glance and go

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
Any chance you’d be willing to sell me a laminated copy of yours? Mine got wet and smeared pretty quickly since I don’t have a laminator. The quick reference card has been SO USEFUL for newbies like me to glance and go
I think you can take a copy to OfficeMax or UPS Store and they will do a lamination for you - obviously for a fee. Hope this helps.

I used the Scotch 4x6 laminating pouches since I have a mini thermal laminator I use for when I was coaching and needed to laminate the soccer teams player passes and what not. You can also get the adhesive type that don't require a thermal laminator... like this:
Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches

Or get the thermal laminater type and use an Iron to Laminate them Like this:

Last edited:
Nice chart! Thanks.
You can also use CLEAR contact paper like the kind that goes on cabinet shelves.

I print labels for jars and other stuff, then instead of covering the labels with clear tape, I cover with clear contact paper and round the corners off. It peels off easily and does not leave the container sticky like tape does.

I am going to use the Snipping Tool on my PC to make a copy of your chart, then print the chart, and use clear contact paper to attach it to something outside. It will probably fade, but I can print a new chart. I am always chasing the laminated card when the wind blows.

Snipping Tool...

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 11

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi all I just couldn't leave well enough alone.. I have been tinkering with my Quick Reference card since the start of this thread and I have been perusing the site for tips and tricks to put on the card; stuff that I find useful for myself and stuff I thought others would find helpful. There is a breadth of little things that affect the tests are discussed here and there in the forum and Marty is the only one that knows them all. I have surmised that his brain is the size of the internet. So, I THINK here is the final version unless @mknauss sez otherwise.

First, I realized as I was using it, it was very convenient to write the results on the card while I was testing at the poolside because half the time I would forget the numbers by the time I made it back to my spreadsheet. And PoolMath doesn't work real well poolside when my fingers are wet anyway. So I added the other things I track as well and if I use a dry erase marker I can wipe it off for next time. And If I waited to wipe the card until next time, I had last weeks numbers to compare with.. That was quite handy.

I crammed in as much info as I could on it. There was a lot to process but I put the info I thought might make it useful as a field reference. Did you know that if you get up to 50 drops on any test it creates a testing error and makes the result unreliable! whoa. So all the drop tests can be done with smaller sample sizes, and we do that already with the FAS/DPD test at high FC levels during SLAMS, but its nice to know other tests can be done that way as well. So I tried all of them.. but testing TA with a 5ml sample was kind of useless, +/-50ppm is not very helpful for that test, but it would help if your CH is out the roof. So I thought it would be useful to have those smaller sample parameters on the card. If you are wondering why the CYA dilution ratios are missing 1:3, its because if if you take half of your 1:2 sample, you end up at 1:4 and it matches the TFP instructions.

Here are the places on the forum I referenced for testing information. So if you want to read through the references I used here they are:

As always I look forward to your comments and input.. let me have it!

Quick Reference ver2.2.JPG

Attachments

• Pool Test Quick Reference_2.2 page ver.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
This thread is fantastic, thank you! I set out to also do something similar and found this instead which saves me a lot of time. Now I just need to bother a friend with a color printer :). Oddly enough, I have the laminator but not the color printer, figures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.