TF-100 graduated cylinder cracked

GoGrabTheNet

Dec 13, 2015
Surprise, AZ
Moved from here.
I know this thread is almost 4 years old, but I too have cracked cylinders; both the Chlorine and the "plain" versions. If solution sits in there for any length of time, they will leak. Is this still a problem? A bad batch of plastics?

I bought my TF-100 a long time ago, but I've lived with the cracking for about 2 years now. Enough's enough, so I need to get two new ones but hesitate unless the problem has been remedied.

Last edited by a moderator:

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
TFTestkits.net sells the same testing cylinders (both plain and the ones with the “chlorine only” sticker on it) that came with your TF-100 kit.
I recently ordered some new ones just because the numbers and lines faded so much over the past year. They were cheap and I needed a couple reagent refills anyway so it was convenient. They shipped same day and I got my order 2 days later!

IMissNimoy

Gold Supporter
Jul 3, 2018
SC
I'd recommend the Taylor calibrated cylinders over others. I've confirmed various ways they are accurate. Others have varied 15-20% out of whack. If you're picky about your CSI/LSI like me, 15-20% has an impact.

Reactions: thefloatqueen