TF-100 Chlorine Tests

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
The TF-100 comes with OTO and FAS-DPD tests. The instructions imply that the OTO is the everyday test. How do people use the two tests? I've been using the OTO daily, and the FAS-DPD once or twice weekly, or when I need more precision.

With my SWCG and a number of years of experience with my pool, I use the FAS-DPD test twice a week.
I have never used the OTO kit for TC.

If you are new to TFP and especially if you are using liquid chlorine daily, I recommend the FAS-DPD test daily, until you get to know the characteristics of your pool water with this method.

Reactions: Jeff J.
You are doing it the way it was intended. Daily checks with OTO for reassurance or to detect any significant change. Then, weekly with the FAS/DPD to get a clear picture of exactly where you are.

Over the years, I have noticed a REALLY big crowd of "Mad Scientists" who like the precision the FAS/DPD gives them and they often test daily with it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.......pool sparklyitis is a side affect but nothing wrong with that, either.

Reactions: Jeff J.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.