Texas winter storm aftermath

fagin007

Aug 2, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Well after only owning our new pool for 7 months I have to say that we came out pretty good. I had freeze protect running on medium which is fine if you didn't have the zero degree days and all of the snow lesson learned with that one. We have sheer decents and since they are so thin I think its best to keep my pump running on high because they eventually froze up from the rolling blackouts that we kept having. My filter was letting out a steady small stream of water while the pump was running but I couldnt shut it down because of the cold and snow. I was late putting blankets and tarp on my equipment but got it all covered and made it through the storm. Yesterday found out that my spa is draining down to half when the power is off and I checked my actuator and its working like it should and the flapper on the check valve seems to be fine I took it off and looked at it. Opened a ticket with my builder and they will get to me when they can. I opened up my filter and put some pool lube on the rubber ring around it and went ahead and cleaned my filters. For a first time in this winter disaster I think I came out good and appreciated all the help from everyone on here when I had questions. Next time I have my tarp and plastic and blankets ready.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.