Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

Re: Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

What size pipe did you use? Secondly in reviewing the pictures of you plumbing I didn't see the saltwater system. How is that plumbed in?

But looks great!

1 1/2" PVC

I'm not using a salt water system. I don't believe with a AGP like this it's wise to expose it to that much salt. I feel that may lead to premature deterioration of the frame.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Re: Texas AGP (Intex) - Updated 29APR14 w/ Skimmer & PVC

tu6u8uva.jpg

Another shot of the skimmer mouth :

ve2ugy2e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hello there your plumbing looks great, I may plan on hard plumbing my pool as well. My question for you; what fittings are you using from the PVC to the intex intake and return. And what fittings are you using to go from PVC to your intex filter. Thank you for sharing your build.

Hello there your plumbing looks great, I may plan on hard plumbing my pool as well. My question for you; what fittings are you using from the PVC to the intex intake and return. And what fittings are you using to go from PVC to your intex filter. Thank you for sharing your build.
To make the fittings for the intake and return I used a 1 1/2" PVC coupler, the original Intex threaded hose adapter, and a Cantex 1 1/2" PVC adapter (this part is found in the electrical section of HD, and pictured below). Just sand off the lettering on a flat surface and cement the adapter into the PVC coupler, placing the Index hose adapter in between with a little wiggle room to be able to thread it. That's all there is to it. :D Hope this helps!

Oh, and I used the original rubber gasket as well. I think I turned it around to mate up flat on the pool side.

juhuva3e.jpg

Can you detail what was used to connect the Skimmer to standard PVC plumbing?

I apologize it took so long to reply. I haven't been to the site in a while. My skimmer is a Hayward and looking at it in the dark (it's 0430 atm) it looks like I used a male adapter (size will vary) very similar to the one in the link below. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Charlotte Pipe 3/4 in. x 1 in. PVC Sch. 40 MPT x S Reducer Male Adapter-PVC 02110 0700HD - The Home Depot

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I didn't use Quikcrete & I rented an auger, although some manual digging and a tanker bar was required. I used multi-purpose rock. It's jagged and when packed locks together. Then filled back in over that. Once framed out and decked it won't be going anywhere....ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.