Scollops

Jan 22, 2021
Brisbane
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all, silly question but I have a clear choice test kit. On a couple of the tests you have standard or high sensitivity depending on what you think it maybe.

So I try standard my TA for example 100, high sensitivity TA 30. My pool target 70-90. Which is true? Assume high sensitivity but not keen to dump a ton of stuff in my pool if it's wrong??

With this said is high sensitivity better overall?/Instructions say if your expecting over 100 for TA wasn't expecting anything so am not sure. This would also apply to the other tests similar in the kit. Appreciate guidance on which direction....

Yes the CCL kit has the option for a Standard or High sensitive test for TA and CH.
The FAQ page mentions that "there is a second option for a High sensitivity test. In some circumstances higher sensitivity is required. For the vast majority of pool testing the Standard tests are the best and use less reagent".

I do use the High Sensitivity test for my TA as it's under 100ppm but is probably not required.

So to confirm, I have tested using CC test kit on BOTH standard and High sensitivity TWICE for each. Instructions are very clear and have followed to the T. My pool.hasnt been used for a while and letting it settle over the cold period. So usually testing fortnightly. So this time I tested and couldn't identify where TA sits, as if I test using the standard process I get a result of 100. But I thought I would check high sensitivity which came in at 30 following the booklet instructions. So my question was which is correct? I should be aiming for 70-90 I think, so depending on which TA test I could be way off?

Only other noted item was my PH was low usually high with swg. But I guess cold, rain and no action.

So...should I follow the high sensitivity tests ?

Scollops
I just tested my water with both methods.
Standard test = 75
High sensitive test = 70

Are you mtiplying the drops on the standard test x 25
and multiplying the drops x 10 on the Sensitive test ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.