Testing Numbers

kpromero

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2010
Louisiana
Just checked pool water after a hot one today and about 4 swimmers.

Pool Water Temp = 94
FC = 2.5
CC = 0
TC = 2.5
TA = 90
CH = 160
CYA = 40 Need to adjust this
PH = around 7.5
Borates = 50
Salt = 3400

Calculator says CSI = -0.33

Seems like Borates added to pool is a major help keeping PH from rising than not having it. Using a lot less MA this year.
Any Suggestions?

kpromero

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2010
Louisiana
In no way bragging, just getting familiar to using TF100 kit and doing my own testing. Trying to learn from the pros here, which have been helping me out a lot.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
kp,

Rig yourself up an aerator (fountain) and start to cool that pool. Get that water down around 84-88 and it'll be a lot more refreshing....for most of us, anyway. Nice work on your test results. :lol:

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
No, your jet won't get the water into the air high enough, long enough, or in small enough droplets to cool.

aeration will not have much effect on your pH if it's already up around 7.4 or a little higher.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
kpromero said:
In no way bragging, just getting familiar to using TF100 kit and doing my own testing. Trying to learn from the pros here, which have been helping me out a lot.
Bragging is allowed here! Nobody else understands as well as we do how much trouble it is to get your pool to the troublefree stage! :-D

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Can you buy something for this to work with an above ground pool?
Yeah, I think you can buy a floating fountain.....don't know the price.

Search "cheap pool cooler" and you will find a thread where several of us have done homemade ones....mine cost about $4.00 and an hour or so labor.

Other Threads of Interest