Testing High FC while Slamming

Miniduper

Apr 19, 2020
Las vegas
I"m currently in the process of SLAMMING my pool. My current calculations require that I maintain a SLAM Target FC of 28 with my CYA being at 70. I would like to test the FC level morning and night however at this high of a FC i'm using nearly 56 drops of my Taylor R-0871 FAS-DPD agent per test even with the 0.5 measure. Any methods, tricks to conserve my reagent or is this just the way it has to be. Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "the 0.5 measure." If you're using a 25ml or 10ml sample, you can reduce the sample to 5ml and one scoop of powder. So:
1 drop = 1.0
28 drops = FC 28

Not recommended for regular testing, but OK for a SLAM.

Depending on where you are in the SLAM, if you think there is even a remote possibility of running out of reagents, then order more now. The worst thing you can do now is run out mid-slam, which could really set you back.

Last edited:
Reactions: jark87
It's a cheat, and you'll lose accuracy, but it's close enough for a SLAM. But go back to a 10ml sample for regular testing, or towards the end of the SLAM or for the OCLT. I've never used a 25ml sample, 10ml is fine for normal testing.

One of our experts swears by the 25ml sample for regular testing. He says the reagents are not expensive enough to justify the reduction in accuracy. So opinions differ.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.