Testing Chlorine w Taylor Test Kit

Mostly using 10ml, but when you do your CC test, it is only accurate to 0.5ppm. The 25ml test is accurate to 0.2ppm. Not sure if this is an issue, since I believe CC isn't a problem until over 0.5ppm? (pool store says anything over 0.2ppm a problem)

I don't know if this is "wrong" per se, but when I use 10 mL and the solution is darn near clear but just a tinge of the slightest bit of pink, to me that's "+" and not quite enough to call it "+ 0.5"

Edit: I still put the last drop in to turn it completely clear and make sure my eyes aren't fooling me.

I still put the last drop in to turn it completely clear and make sure my eyes aren't fooling me.
Then, that's the end of the test. The test is not finished when you see a slight tinge.....the test (and all drops based tests that we use at TFP) is ended when the last drop you add makes NO further color change.

...the test (and all drops based tests that we use at TFP) is ended when the last drop you add makes NO further color change.

I see, and I apologize, I don't want to propagate poor practices. So does that mean the last drop counts when you're calculating the concentration? I believe the answer is no on that one, but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see, and I apologize, I don't want to propagate poor practices. So does that mean the last drop counts when you're calculating the concentration? I believe the answer is no on that one, but I want to be sure.

Thanks![/COLOR]

If you see that tinge of pink you're not done yet. One more drop makes it clear...then add *another* drop and if that doesn't make it any *clearer* you're done and you do not count that very last drop.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.